Inside Cheech's Mind: The Vertical Puzzle

22 September, 2006

The Vertical Puzzle

Headed down to St Peters Indoor Rock Climbing Centre with Richard, Cherie and Mike last night and got introduced to a whole new sport. Indoor Rock Climbing!

Initial thoughts ranged from “this is going to be so fun” to “man I need some strength in my upper body”
Some other thoughts included. “Uh what am I doing?” and “this is so cool!”

Its like a vertical puzzle with all the colours stuck on the wall. You just have to figure out how to get up its pretty cool. Mind you I was only on the green lines and tried one blue one which seemed pretty easy when I did it.

Not exactly sure how many climbs we actually did, but it was pretty damn fun. My arms got sore too, and I guess I want proper climbing shoes next time, was slipping a bit so that probably didn’t help. It’s a good workout as well, not cardio but more strength. Forearms were sore particularly my right one. Back of shoulders a bit sore as well but nothing too bad.

Funny moment was towards the end, my last climb, got stuck on the wall, as my arms just didn’t want to move any more and I was losing grip on my foot. Just couldn’t get up to the next hold, and on the final attempt, maybe 5th, I got there and then couldn’t get to the next. This was a sign to call it a day. But damn its pretty fun. Looking forward to going again.

Thanks doods.

4 Comments:

Blogger Meyo said...

The last time I went rock climbing, I remember starring hard at a piece of 'rock' I wanted to grab that was about 20cm out of reach. I was quickly losing strength but I wanted that piece because it was the biggest... so, I took a leap of faith. I lunged towards it... grabbed... and, well... missed. Next thing I knew I was smacked up against the next wall. Luckily I didn't take anyone out on my way there :)

It's good to see you give things a go. Maybe you should join in on the footy next time :P

9/28/2006 11:08 AM  
Blogger Meyo said...

hmm
I just submitted a relatively long comment, but it seems like it didn't get posted, and now it's lost.

I basically wrote about an incident I had the last time I went rock climbing, but i'm too lazy to repeat it again! *shakes fist at blogger*

But what I WILL repeat is the fact that it's good to see you give new things a go, and that you should join in on the footy next time!!

9/28/2006 11:11 AM  
Blogger Meyo said...

OHH bloody cheech.. I just noticed this:

"Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval."


*shakes fist at cheech*

grr!! :)

9/28/2006 11:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My arms would be sore to pulling your fat up a wall :) build up those lats !!!

10/04/2006 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home